Commercialization and time are obstacles to further adoption
Rochelle Park, NJ September 21, 2010
Strativity Group announces today the release of the 2010 Social Experience Study. The study was designed to discover trends in social media as perceived by consumers and the role of social media in the overall ecosystem of consumer communication and service.
“The key message we heard from consumers was that social media is first and foremost considered private space. Akin to being a guest in someone’s house, companies need to adapt their behaviors and approach to social media by demonstrating respect to consumers. Additionally, the majority of consumers do not see social media as replacing existing channels. This is merely a complementary channel,“ said Lior Arussy, Strativity President.
Current Usage of Social Media
- 73% of consumers described their experience in social media as personal, utilizing sites such as Facebook and MySpace
- 70% of consumers stated lack of time as an obstacle to further social media engagement
- 59% of consumers stated privacy as an obstacle to further social media engagement
- 58% of consumers stated too much junk and advertising as an obstacle to further social media engagement
- Banks, employers, grocery stores and cell phone companies were the companies participants most engaged with through social media
- The majority of consumers rejected the notion of using social media for traditional interactions with companies such as marketing, sales, or customer service
The Future of Social Media
- Sales, discounts and fun activities ranked highest in customers’ preference for social media engagement with companies
- 930 consumers from North America
- Study was a web-based questionnaire following the customer strategy phases
- survey was conducted from May 1, 2009 through June 30, 2009
- The study was conducted in partnership with Customer Service Experts, Inc., a leading customer experience firm
To receive a complimentary copy of the study, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
The study results will be discussed in the upcoming CEM Certification events in Scottsdale, AZ, October 4-6, 2010 and London November 15-16, 2010 www.CEMCertification.com
About Strativity Group, Inc.
At Strativity Group, Inc. we do more than customer experience research and strategic planning. We take a strong, multi-disciplinary approach to customer experience strategy design and implementation. Through proprietary research tools, strategic analysis, business planning and customer experience innovation design, we help our clients operationalize profitable customer experience strategies. We measure our success by a single method: execution.
Strativity Group, Inc. works with both Global 2000 companies as well as emerging businesses around the world. Our clients include Nokia, Computer Associates, SAP, American Management Association, Seagate Technology, Honeywell, Siemens, Dimension Data, FedEx, CATIC, Circle K, University of Pennsylvania, The Fund, Capital One, Jacada, Wyeth, Sage, Herbalife, Akibia, National, Lockheed Martin, Crown Plaza Hotels & Resorts and Nordea.
About Customer Service Experts
Customer Service Experts, Inc. (CSE) was created with a vision to improve the customer experience by focusing on the internal team and their direct link to customer satisfaction. CSE’s approach helps clients improve service from “the inside out” with a primary focus on executive leadership providing the proper support and tools for the frontline employees and managers to succeed. CSE’s strategies have benefited clients with both B2C and B2B engagements in a variety of industries including: retail, airport, hospitality, healthcare, education, government, financial, service and food and beverage.
Firm taps into deep human understanding to offer modern marketing services that drive brands forward LOS ANGELES, CA — July 15, 202...
Real brings strong innovation and consulting leadership experience as firm enters next phase of growth Renowned customer experience...
Strativity was among the select companies qualified by Forrester Research to participate in its latest Forrester Wave™ evaluation, T...